Saturday, February 5, 2011

Training Day Friday - Paulo's Testimony

Paulo's Testimony (One of the youth leaders who attended many of YM's training programs)



(Paulo Montano, a Nursing Graduate and Youth President of Light Of Men Ministries, Caloocan)


God is amazing because He gave me an opportunity to be part of what the Youth Mobilization (YM) Training Department is doing to the youth leaders of their partner churches!

My church, Light of Men Ministry is one of YM’s partner churches. Last March 14-15, YM held an Overnight Modular Training (OMT) in our church. This training touched on visioning, character building and organizing youth ministry. It helped us to be more fruitful, organize, and passionate in handling and leading the ministry as well as helping us to make smart and achievable plans. Aside from helping us see God’s vision for our lives and putting those visions into programs, the said training created a great impact in our personal lives and it united us. We became so on fire that we were able to organize an evangelistic concert in our community in Caloocan. We held this concert last April and it was a successful one.


(Paulo reporting during the OMT held at Light of Men Ministries Inc, his mother church)

After the OMT, YM continued to encourage youth leaders to participate in other training opportunities they are offering to churches. They invited our church to send two of our youth leaders to participate in their mission conference called Windows YP. The theme of the 3-day youth mission  conference held in Makati last October was “Fusion for Explosion”. Even though I had work on those days, I really wanted to attend. So I decided to file a leave in my work and if ever they will not approve it, then I will resign. Also, I was wondering if my church will be able to support me financially so that I can attend the conference. I was so blessed to see that God made a way - my leave was approved and my church supported me financially. God gave me the opportunity to participate in that conference which I considered a big thing because I know that God will use the conference to bring my service to Him to the next level. Also I was eagerly looking forward to learning things about missions.


(Paulo in Malaysia with other youth leaders and two YM staff)

As I attended the conference, God opened my heart to the reality that there are many people out there who are in need of love and care that we already have in Christ Jesus. Not only that I heard the call to bear fruit - fruit that will last, but also to reach out for more souls and to bring change in this world. I realized that for change to happen in this world, change must first start in our own personal lives. We must leave our comfort zone, and we need to go out and share His love to other people. Moreover, God wants us to move, live and operate in His power. Realizing this, I then asked myself, “What are our big problems compared to how big our God is? Surely He is greater than everything we have and what we can do. God is so big, so strong and so mighty!

To God be all the Glory!

No comments: