Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meet the YM Team - Tin Tin Ramos (JKKCC Secretary and Day Care Center Teacher)

The Testimony of Ma. Christina Ramos (Tin Tin)


Hi! I'm Tin Tin and I'm 19 years old. I live in Makati, Philippines and I am a full-time worker of Jesus King of Kings Community Church. I've been serving God for two years now.

Before I came to know the Lord, I was a member of a street gang in Makati. Due to the many irregular activities I did as part of being a member of the street gang, at the age of 14, I already had a daughter. I got pregnant because of having a boyfriend who was twice my age.  I was only 12 then and he was already 24.  He took advantage of my innocence and when our daughter turned 3 months old, he left us for no reason at all.  Up to now I still don’t know why he left.

But even before that, a very bad incident happen to me.  When I was just 11 years old, I was kidnapped.  Those five men who kidnapped me forced me to use drugs.  When I refused, they stabbed me twice on my back. For almost 1 month I didn't eat nor drink any water.  Until now, I couldn’t understand how I survived that ordeal. 

It was only through the goodness of a person that I was able to eat.  A jeepney driver saw me walking aimlessly one day.  It was after I was able to escape my kidnappers.  He offered me a ride and then he gave something to eat and drink.

Then a store owner recognized me and informed my aunt where they can find me.  So my aunt and parents went to the place they were told. As soon as they found me, they saw that I was bleeding, so they brought me to a hospital.

I never realized then that those were miracles.  That even though my heart was far from God, He was already at work in my life.  Only when I surrendered my life to Jesus that it became clear to me how He had saved me during my darkest hours.

But even after recovering from that bad experience, I didn’t change my ways.  In fact, I became worse than before.  I started drinking and smoking.  My life was literally spent with the street gang.

Then one day, a missionary from Canada invited me to a Bible Study at their house.  I attended regularly not only the Bible study but also church worship service. I even volunteered in their kids’ ministry.  When our family transferred to a new house, I stopped attending the Bible study and church worship service.  Because of not having any fellowship, I went back to drinking and smoking.

Then, the same missionary came one day when we were practicing for a school presentation.  He invited me again.  I attended although I felt so guilty inside because of the bad things I did.  I attended regularly again but that time, I started asking who Jesus really is in my life.  I finally invited Him in to my heart and surrendered everything to Him.

I also started praying for His purpose for my life.  It became clear to me that He wants me to serve Him through the kids’ ministry of our church.  After many months of being a volunteer, I decided to become a full-time staff of our church.  I became the church secretary and at the same time, one of the teachers of our Day Care Ministry.

I really love to teach children because I want them to become strong men and women of God someday. I love to serve the Lord through the children, and I want to show them the blessings that God has given me. I know for sure that these children will be great leaders in the future!

Aside from being the church secretary, I am also part of the worship team.  I play the guitar and keyboards. Also, currently, I enrolled in a Bible School to further enhance and develop my understanding of the Bible, the church and its ministries. It really helps me a lot especially in doing my ministry and I learn a lot about God.  I want to know him more and I want to share it to others. 


Tin Tin serves as the secretary of Jesus King of Kings Community Church and at the same time as one of the teachers of the Day Care Center ministry.

No comments: